Friday, March 22, 2013

Follow the bouncing scale


Spring break has come and gone and with it lots of eating out in yummy restaurants with dessert. Not to mention a few adult beverages. So the result of this fun is a few extra pounds. Not that I didn't have a few extra anyway, but now I have a few more. With Summer looming on the horizon, I need to get back on the clean eating bandwagon. I basically know what I have to do but, staying on point is always a challenge. If you don't mind I'm going to use this blog to stay on track for a bit.

Here is what I need to do:
      1. Eat at least 100 grams of protein a day. 120 would be optimal
      2. Keep carbs below 100 grams a day.
      3. Get two sessions of HIIT on top of my normal 4 workout sessions.
      4. Don't stress

While number one will be difficult, it is really number four that will cause me the most issue. Like most people in today's would, I want results instantly. If I can get information from Google in seconds and watch 3 TV shows, then I am geared to have activities move fast. But weight loss is not fast. It is a slow grind where small changes slowly add up. There is where I start to fall. No one wants slow. Boo on slow.

Luckily I have a few people I can look to for support. One is my husband, who has dropped about 20 pounds this year. I also have some good friends at my gym that are excellent examples. They pack their food and watch everything they eat. And boy do they look amazing. 

So dear readers, I hope you will cheer me on, hold me accountable, and follow along. I'll be reporting what is working, what is not, and what I have to change. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment